A sandbox is a term that wikis often use to describe the area of the website that should be used for pure play so for this discovery and exploration exercise, we’ve set up a whole SJLibraryLearning 2.0 Favorites wiki* that’s for nothing but play!
For this “explore-and-play-with-wikis” exercise, you are asked to add an entry or two to the PBwiki Learning 2.0 wiki. The theme of this wiki is simply “Favorites” : Favorite books, favorite vacation spots, favorite restaurants, favorite anything …all you need to do is play and add your thoughts. To mark your adventure on this site, you first need to add your blog to the Favorite Blogs page.
· PB Wiki Tour - Find out how this collaborative tool can be used
· PBWiki Video Gallery - Short videos of PBwiki features
· PB Wiki Tips
1. Access the SJLibraryLearning 2.0 Favorites wiki and create a login account for yourself. To edit the wiki, you’ll need to use the password sjplsjsu.
2. Add your blog to the Favorite Blogs page. That's how we'll know that you've been there.
OPTIONAL: Add a favorite or two to a few other pages (Favorite books, favorite vacation spot, etc.). And, if you feel up to the challenge, you might even want to create a separate page for a book review or short travel essay and link to that.
3. Create a post in your blog about the experience. How might you use wikis in your work at the Library?
*NOTE: The SJLibrary Learning 2.0 wiki was created using the free version of the Bay Area based PBWiki, a tool that lets you create webpages that anyone can edit.